Sunday, January 27, 2013

Hymn-Scripture Challenge 2

One of my favorite hymns - It Is Well With My Soul. Words Written by: Horatio Gates Spafford, b. October 20, 1828; d. October 16, 1888. I used a photo for the background that I took on my cruise to Hawaii. The sun was shining through the clouds and it was truly awesome. I used some elements by Designer Laurie Anderson, Heaven's Gate Designs. I also used the same cross I used in the first challenge - I might have to make this a challenge to use it in each one this year. :) The cross is by Designs By Angel - In His Path. The scripture is from John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Kathy, your layout is awesome! The beautiful picture is so perfect for this song! Hugs

Anne-Marie said...

That photo is lovely and I like how you made the hymn semi transparent. Great scripture to go with the hymn.

Cindy said...

Kathy, I absolutely love your page!! You have created such serenity in your layout with your colours, the photos, cross, etc. Love it!! Blessings!!

Cindy

Jonia said...

Kathy what a beautiful page. Love the sun coming through and the elements are beautiful!

Nancy said...

What a beautiful photo, Kathy, and a gorgeous page!...Nancy :o)

Susan said...

such a meaningful page, Kathy. love the ocean and the clouds with the rays coming through. The postcard is a nice touch as are the pretty flowers.